If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: 15-20 bites
Unsalted, natural peanut butter or almond butter sea salt
cup dark chocolate chips
- Peel and slice bananas into 1-inch slices and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently spread a dab of peanut butter on top of each banana slice. Sprinkle tops with sea salt.
- Melt 2/3 of the chocolate. Microwave option: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate well with a rubber spatula, then heat for another 30 seconds. Stir and repeat if necessary but stop microwaving before chocolate is completely melted. Stir until smooth. Double-boiler options: Heat about an inch or so of water in a saucepan until it begins to simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl or pan over the saucepan. Add 2/3 of the chocolate and keep stirring with a rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted. Take off heat.
- Quickly add remaining chocolate and stir so it’s smooth and shiny.
- Gently drizzle chocolate over the banana and peanut butter slices with a spoon. Keep stirring chocolate so it doesn’t harden. (Tip: make them look fancier by freezing the bananas for an hour first then using a fork to dip them in chocolate and completely cover, but I’m too lazy for that extra step!)
- Stick the baking sheet in the freezer and let chocolate harden for at least 1 hour. These are great for just grabbing a slice or two at a time for a quick pick-me-up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert