If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy veggie cheeseburger served with home made tomato jam. I adapted the tomato jam recipe from one I found in a Wrek jar I purchased. —almacucina
- 1 1/2 cups edamame
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Farmhouse cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- whole wheat burger buns
- your favorite burger fixins'
Susan's tomato jam
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- For the burger: Pour boiling water over raisins and let stand for about 5 minutes to absorb water.
- Combine edamame, quinoa, almonds, soaked raisins and whole wheat flour in food processor. Blend until mixture comes together.
- Form into four round patties. Wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Cook burgers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Turn down the heat and top each burger with cheese slices. Pour a little water in the pan and cover, cook for 1 more minute to melt cheese.
- Serve on whole wheat rolls with Susan's Tomato Jam and your favorite burger toppings.
- For the tomato jam: Cut tomatoes small pieces and combine with all other ingredients in a small, heavy bottomed pot.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring often until mixture jells and coats the back of a spoon, about 30 to 45 minutes. Use on burgers and anything you would normally use ketchup on. Any unused portions will keep in the fridge for a week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe