Author Notes: Again, a typical (very sweet) Belgian pie.On Sunday afternoons, Belgian families get together to have a walk and eat cake.This a great winter recipe for a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon. —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes: 1 pie
cups cane/brown sugar
tablespoons caster sugar
tablespoon active dry yeast
milliliters crème fraîche
milliliters lukewarm milk
- Heat the milk slightly and pour in the yeast
- In a bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Dig a well in the middle
- In a bowl, beat an egg with the caster sugar then add the milk. Gradually, pour this mixture into the well and incorporate slowly.
- Melt the butter and add to mixture
- Knead the dough, form a ball and set aside for 30 minute at room temperature to let it rise.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Butter a pie pan and line the pie pan with the dough. Prick the dough with a fork
- Sprinkle the dough with the brown sugar.
- In a bowl, beat two eggs with the cream and pour onto the dough. Place little daps of butter onto the surface
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 375F