If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These biscuits are chewy, light, sweet, and contain an addictive portion of ginger. Recipe is courtesy of The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. Make sure not to overbake them or you'll end up with too much crunch (not good). They need at least 15 minutes to set before tasting. —jack112
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ginger.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, egg white, and golden syrup and beat until combined. Scrape the bottom with a rubber spatula to make sure it is fully combined.
- Scoop out balls of dough with a cookie scoop or tablespoon. Form into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in the sugar. (You can change the size of the balls depending on the size of cookie you like. Be consistent.)
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
More Great Recipes: Cookies