If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Herbs, tomato, good cheese, and meat-everything a good Italian dish needs! From dinnerwithaloveatory.com —jack112
Makes around 20-25 meatballs
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup Pecorino, Parmesan, or Locatelli cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 egg, whisked
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can storebought pizza sauce
- about 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F, setting rack to upper third part of oven. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 11 ingredients. Shape into lacrosse-ball size balls (that would be somewhere between golf and tennis) and place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pizza sauce with olive oil. Brush this mixture on top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven, spoon some sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a slice of cheese. Broil another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden. Heat remaining sauce in a small saucepan. Serve meatballs with a dollop of sauce.