Author Notes: bringing back delicious chocolate chip cookies to the gluten-free diet —whatever's left
pounds unsalted butter, room temp
pounds light brown sugar
large egg, room temp
teaspoon vanilla extract
pounds gluten-free cookie flour blend : (see blend here: http://www.whateversleft.org/2013/01/16/gluten-free-flour-blend-cookies/)
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon xanthan gum
pounds dark chocolate chips, 70%+
In This Recipe
- combine the butter & sugars in a bowl & cream them together with a beater until light & fluffy. Add in the eggs & vanilla & continue to beat until once again the mixture is lighter in colour & texture.
- add in the flour, salt, baking powder, flour blend & xanthan gum. Beat until combined & all the flour has been incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips & fold them in until evenly distributed.
- divide the dough into balls that are roughly the size of walnuts (that haven’t been shelled). Using the palm of your hand, flatten each ball into a disc & place on a baking sheet lined with parchment leaving an inch between each cookie.
- bake in a preheated oven for 14-18 minutes @ 170ºC, until lightly golden. Once baked, allow to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Tips: **** if the dough is too sticky to roll out into balls, refrigerate for half an hour & then try again.