If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: bringing back delicious chocolate chip cookies to the gluten-free diet —whatever's left
pounds unsalted butter, room temp
pounds light brown sugar
large egg, room temp
teaspoon vanilla extract
pounds gluten-free cookie flour blend : (see blend here: http://www.whateversleft...)
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon xanthan gum
pounds dark chocolate chips, 70%+
- combine the butter & sugars in a bowl & cream them together with a beater until light & fluffy. Add in the eggs & vanilla & continue to beat until once again the mixture is lighter in colour & texture.
- add in the flour, salt, baking powder, flour blend & xanthan gum. Beat until combined & all the flour has been incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips & fold them in until evenly distributed.
- divide the dough into balls that are roughly the size of walnuts (that haven’t been shelled). Using the palm of your hand, flatten each ball into a disc & place on a baking sheet lined with parchment leaving an inch between each cookie.
- bake in a preheated oven for 14-18 minutes @ 170ºC, until lightly golden. Once baked, allow to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Tips: **** if the dough is too sticky to roll out into balls, refrigerate for half an hour & then try again.