If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In an Asian fusion twist on the traditional Mexican Christmas salad, I've substituted Fuyu persimmons -- which are plentiful in the winter -- for the usual citrus slices. —HapaMama
Pomegranate, seeds only
bunch Butter lettuce
tablespoons Champagne vinegar (Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar is nice)
tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil and set aside.
- Peel persimmons and slice into thin wedges, or slide crosswise with a mandoline.
- Slice red onion into thin slivers.
- Wash and tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Compose salad by creating a bed of lettuce and arranging persimmons, onion and pomegranate seeds on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons