Author Notes: In an Asian fusion twist on the traditional Mexican Christmas salad, I've substituted Fuyu persimmons -- which are plentiful in the winter -- for the usual citrus slices. —HapaMama
Pomegranate, seeds only
bunch Butter lettuce
tablespoons Champagne vinegar (Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar is nice)
tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil and set aside.
- Peel persimmons and slice into thin wedges, or slide crosswise with a mandoline.
- Slice red onion into thin slivers.
- Wash and tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Compose salad by creating a bed of lettuce and arranging persimmons, onion and pomegranate seeds on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons