If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year, I look forward to blood oranges arriving at the farmer's market just so I can make this salad. The orange looks like a bright jewel nestled in the lettuce, and its flavor is a ray of sunshine on these cold winter days. I usually make a serving at a time, and if I'm making salad for more that one person, I make each bowl separately so I can get the balance of ingredients right. —adwillis
- 1 blood orange
- 1 handful pistachio nuts, roasted, unsalted
- 3-5 red leaf lettuce leaves
- crumbled French feta
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- cracked pepper
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Wash, spin, and chop the lettuce. Place it in the bowl.
- Slice the blood orange into 12 slices. I quarter the orange, then cut each quarter into three slices. Cut the orange fruit from the rind and drop it onto the lettuce
- Sprinkle the pistachio nuts and feta onto the oranges and lettuce.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, then a pinch of salt and cracked pepper to taste.