If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the mixture of sweet and savory. Goat cheese and ricotta are always great with pears. This a nice summer or fall recipe. Serve with a nice side salad —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 1 pie
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, defrost
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1-2 handfuls walnuts
- 1 pear
- 50g fresh goat cheese
- 50g fresh ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- splashes Honey
- Preheat oven on 425F
- Peel the pear and cut into thin slices. Then coarsely break the nuts into pieces.
- Crumble the goat cheese and ricotta. In a bowl, gently mix both cheese with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk together maple syrup, lemon juice, and mustard. Wash the thyme and pluck off the leaves. Add to the mustard dressing. Season to taste.
- Spread two sheets of puff pastry on a floured surface. With a rolling pin, thin out the dough. Press the dough into a pie plate, cover bottom and sides.
- Spread out the pear slices. Add the walnuts, then spread out the crumbled goat cheese and ricotta evenly on the dough. Drizzle with the mustard dressing.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes then grill for three minutes until golden. Take the pie out of the oven and let cool a little. Before serving, add drizzle some honey on top.