- Makes 1 pie
I love the mixture of sweet and savory. Goat cheese and ricotta are always great with pears. This a nice summer or fall recipe. Serve with a nice side salad —MarieGlobetrotter
What You'll Need
sheets of puff pastry, defrost
fresh goat cheese
fresh ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven on 425F
- Peel the pear and cut into thin slices. Then coarsely break the nuts into pieces.
- Crumble the goat cheese and ricotta. In a bowl, gently mix both cheese with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk together maple syrup, lemon juice, and mustard. Wash the thyme and pluck off the leaves. Add to the mustard dressing. Season to taste.
- Spread two sheets of puff pastry on a floured surface. With a rolling pin, thin out the dough. Press the dough into a pie plate, cover bottom and sides.
- Spread out the pear slices. Add the walnuts, then spread out the crumbled goat cheese and ricotta evenly on the dough. Drizzle with the mustard dressing.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes then grill for three minutes until golden. Take the pie out of the oven and let cool a little. Before serving, add drizzle some honey on top.