If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband has mastered peanut brittle, but I wanted to try to make a healthier version. I've made this with walnuts, sunflower seeds, and even puffed rice. These are great to snack on, or to garnish a cheese tray, or mix in with granola or yogurt. And the toasting nuts and sugar make your house smell terrific. —Ann W.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups Walnuts, or other nuts and seeds
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons cardamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- Toast nuts or seeds in a dry skillet with half the salt. Stir to keep from burning. When fragrant, add cardamon.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the nuts. Add syrup and water and continue to cook and stir until the water is evaporated. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and pour nuts onto the the sheet. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.