cups All Purpose Flour
cup Unsalted Butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
tablespoons Water, ice cold
pounds Fuyu Persimmons, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
tablespoons Sugar, divided: 2 Tbsp and 1Tbsp
teaspoons Lemon zest, finely grated
cup Apricot preserves
In This Recipe
- Blend flour and salt. Add butter and blend, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water and blend just until dough begins to come together, add more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is too dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for about 1 hour.
- Roll out dough between sheets of parchment paper to 1/8-inch-thick and round. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine together the persimmon slices, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon zest in a medium bowl; toss to blend together.
- Spread apricot preserves over crust, leaving 1 1/2-inch border. Arrange persimmon slices in overlapping circles on top of the apricot preserves.
- Whisk egg with a little water to form an egg wash. Fold crust border up over and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle crust edges and persimmon with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake galette 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue baking until the crust is golden, about 20 minutes or longer if necessary.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons