Author Notes: Creamy, rich and irresistible. No, I'm not talking about the ideal man, I'm talking about this recipe for dairy free ice cream. —Sandra Ramacher
cup coconut cream
cup coconut milk
teaspoons vanilla essence or 2 vanilla pods
In This Recipe
- Whisk together the egg yolks, coconut cream, coconut milk and honey.
- Pour into a heavy bottom pot and over medium heat stir continuously for up to 15 minutes until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Be careful not to let the milk boil.
- Immediately pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator until cooled down.
- Once cooled down give stir it with a whisk and then process mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Then transfer into an airtight container and freeze for at least two hours or more.