If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can substitute lamb with other red meat. —Leena Rao
Serves 4-6 people
- 4 pounds Lamb leg roast
- 4 pieces ginger (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon whole cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole cardamom
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 4 pieces red whole chillies
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2-3 cups hot water
- 3-4 pieces bay leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat the oil in a large pot .
- To the hot oil add cinnamon, cardamon,bay leaves and red chillies. Then add sugar in the end.
- When the sugar browns or caramelizes then add the washed piece of lamb roast. Coat the lamb with the caramelized sugar by turning it around in the pot.
- Add hot water ,crushed ginger pieces ,lime juice and salt.
- Cook the whole lamb piece in the pot with a closed lid on high flame for 1/2 hour . Turn the piece and cook for another 15 min with a closed lid.
- When the sauce is reduced to 1/4 its quantity then simmer the flame to medium. Open the lid of the pot and keep turning the lamb till the water dries up.
- Let it stand for 20 min. Slice and serve.