If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know it might sounds strange but it's very good —MarieGlobetrotter
- 2-3 pears
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 liter milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 2 drops almond extract
- 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- Peel the pears and cut in quarters. Place in a saucepan and cover with hot water. Add ¼ cup of sugar and the lemon juice. Poach the pears in the sugar syrup. The pears must stay firm
- Add a little bit of milk to the cornstarch and stir well until all of the powder is wet.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a boil, adding the sugar, almond extract and spices gradually. Add the cornstarch, stirring constantly. Incorporate the egg yolks and remove from the heat. Add the diced butter to the warm soup and let it melt.
- Add the pear quarters with 125ml of their syrup. Serve warm