If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is a traditional mexican noodle soup recipe that has been kicked up —El Bandido
Makes 4 bowls
- 1 cup fideo pasta cut into 1/2 inch portions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup spanish chorizo diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- In a large pot melt the butter and sauté the chorizo until aromatic next add the onions and garlic and sauté until golden brown. Next in a separate bowl combine the water and tomato juice and pour into the pot now whisk in the salt, pepper, paprika and cilantro; bring to a light boil. Now add in the pasta and cook for 5 to 7 minutes continuously moving it until it is cooked. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups