If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love tagines, especially with fruits so I tried using mirabelle plums and pears and was satisfied with the result —MarieGlobetrotter
- 200g mirabelle prunes
- 2 medium pears, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 4-5 medjool dates, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout
- 1 turmeric
- Olive oil
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat some oil and brown the meat, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season well.
- In the meantime, chop the onions. Wash the mirabelles and cut them into two. Remove the pit. Peel and dice the pears
- Remove the chicken from the casserole dish and cook the onion for several minutes until tender. Cut the chicken breast into 2" or 3" pieces
- Add the chicken, spices and honey to the onions. Pour about 3 glasses of water. Add the cilantro, season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- After 30 minutes add the fruits, dates, and almonds. Cook for another 20 minutes on medium heat. The meat must be very tender but the fruits must not disintegrate. The sauce must be quite thick but mostly oils and juice from the chicken and fruits.
- Serve hot