Author Notes: Making dairy and sugar free ice cream is an art. This recipe will guarantee you the most luscious tasting raspberry ice cream with a fine and melty texture. —Sandra Ramacher
ounces frozen raspberries
juice from half lemon
tablespoons olive oil
coconut cream (placed in the fridge overnight and then drained of liquid)
- Place the defrosted raspberries and lemon juice into a pot and cook on low heat for 45 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Let cool to room temperature, strain through a sieve to remove the seeds, add the honey and combine.
- Mix the vanilla essence, egg yolks, oil and coconut cream until smooth. Then combine with the raspberries.
- Place into the fridge until cold and then into your ice cream maker as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Once churned, place the ice cream into a shallow airtight dish in the freezer for two hours before serving.