Author Notes: Making dairy and sugar free ice cream is an art. This recipe will guarantee you the most luscious tasting raspberry ice cream with a fine and melty texture. —Sandra Ramacher
ounces frozen raspberries
juice from half lemon
tablespoons olive oil
coconut cream (placed in the fridge overnight and then drained of liquid)
teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place the defrosted raspberries and lemon juice into a pot and cook on low heat for 45 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Let cool to room temperature, strain through a sieve to remove the seeds, add the honey and combine.
- Mix the vanilla essence, egg yolks, oil and coconut cream until smooth. Then combine with the raspberries.
- Place into the fridge until cold and then into your ice cream maker as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Once churned, place the ice cream into a shallow airtight dish in the freezer for two hours before serving.