If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pears poached tender in aromatic chai spices with sweet chai syrup and blackberries —ThelmaEveSa
Firm Pears, peeled, stems intact
quart Hot water
Chai tea bags (1/2 cup loose leaf chai)
cup fresh blackberries
- Steep tea in hot water for 10 minutes. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Gently drop pears in and poach for 10 minutes on low simmer.
- Remove pot from heat and let pears cool in poaching liquid. Then remove pears and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to poaching liquid and boil for 20 minutes or until a sweet syrup has been reduced.
- Slice pears in half lengthwise, remove core, and fan slice, keeping stem end intact. Fan out on plate, drizzle with sauce, and garnish with blackberries.