Author Notes: Pears poached tender in aromatic chai spices with sweet chai syrup and blackberries —ThelmaEveSa
Firm Pears, peeled, stems intact
quart Hot water
Chai tea bags (1/2 cup loose leaf chai)
cup fresh blackberries
In This Recipe
- Steep tea in hot water for 10 minutes. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Gently drop pears in and poach for 10 minutes on low simmer.
- Remove pot from heat and let pears cool in poaching liquid. Then remove pears and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to poaching liquid and boil for 20 minutes or until a sweet syrup has been reduced.
- Slice pears in half lengthwise, remove core, and fan slice, keeping stem end intact. Fan out on plate, drizzle with sauce, and garnish with blackberries.