If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the combination of pear, goat cheese and ricotta —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes: 4 pears
cup caster sugar
cup mixed walnuts or hazelnuts
tablespoons soft ricotta cheese
tablespoons soft goat cheese
teaspoons dried thyme
salt and pepper
- Pour the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Peel the pears, carefully take out the center with a peeler but do not remove the bottom of the pear. Plunge each pear in the saucepan. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cook one side of the pears for 5 min, then turn over and to cook the other side. To prevent the un-submerged sides of the pears to brown, you can cover the saucepan with wax paper. To check if the pears are cooked, prick the fruit with the tip of a knife. It should go through rather easily. Once the pears are cooked, let cool completely then place on a paper towel to remove the surplus of juice.
- While the pears cook, ground the walnuts with a knife (do not use a blender)
- In a bowl, whisk together, ricotta, goat cheese, honey, 1-2 tsp of ground walnuts and thyme leaves. Season to taste.
- With a small spoon, fill the inside of each pear with the cheese spread
- Roll the pears in the ground walnuts. Option: you can bake the pears for a few minutes in the oven but make sure the nuts don't burn
- Serve with a small side salad. Slice the pear in two and enjoy!