If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate Ganache is the Fairy Godmother of Desserts! Take a simple angel food cake, smother it with a decadent chocolate ganache and top with chocolate covered strawberries...IMPOSSIBLY delicious!! —Donna Sawyer Celebrating Life & Food
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 cake angel food cake
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes).
- Add the coffee
- Place the chocolate in a separate metal bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla, and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
- dip strawberries in chocolate and set aside to allow chocolate to set
- Place angel food cake on a cooling pan and place cooling pan on top of baking sheet to catch the poured chocolate. Pour ganache on to the top of the angel food cake allowing it to run off the side of the cake. Let set for 20 minutes
- Top the cake with the chocolate covered strawberries. If the chocolate is completely set, melt the extra ganache and dip the bottom of the strawberries in the chocolate again.