If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am always a big fan of matcha tea. My friend bought me a tin of authentic matcha green tea from Kyoto, Japan. So, I decided to make one of our favorite dessert-Crème Brûlée by adding matcha green tea powder to spice up the taste. and Voila!! —Tomato Kitchen
cups Heavy Whipping Cream
tablespoons Granulated Sugar
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Bring the heavy whipping cream to boil and let it cool for a few minutes
- Separate three egg york and whisk them for about 2 minutes until it's smooth
- Add sugar into the egg york mixture and whisk them until it's fully incorporated and the color should be a little bit pale.
- Add matcha green tea powder and vanilla extract (optional)
- Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream into the mixture and mix them well
- Pour the mixture through a small wire drainer into the ramekins
- Pour some water into the cake pan and place the ramekins inside.
- Bake for 40 minutes and refrigerated them for 5 hours
- Once it's ready to serve, add some granulated sugar on the surface and use a torch to caramelize the sugar until it turns brownish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea