If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by one of my favorite chocolate bars by the Tea Room, this flavor combination is flowery and comforting like a warm cup of tea on a cold winter's day. Check out the original post here: http://www.hummingbirdhigh... —[email protected]
Makes: 12 cupcakes
For the White Chocolate and Honey Glaze
cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
tablespoons heavy cream
pinch kosher salt
ounces white chocolate bar
- For the Chamomile Cake Base: Put the 1/2 cup whole milk and 3 tablespoons dried chamomile flowers in a liquid measuring cup, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Preheat the oven to 325 (F) and prepare your cupcake pan with paper cupcake cases.
- Put 1 cup flour, a scant 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 3 tablespoons unsalted butter in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) and beat on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Strain the 1/2 cup of chamomile-infused milk for the cupcake (from the first step) and slowly pour into the mixture, beating well until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add 1 egg and beat well, scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Once all the ingredients have been incorporated, spoon the batter into your prepared cupcake pan until each paper cupcake case is about two-thirds full (if using a cookie dough scoop, each cupcake case should have about two tablespoons of batter) Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of the cakes bounce back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center of the cupcakes should come out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool slightly in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the White Chocolate & Honey Glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon honey, 5 tablespoons heavy cream, and a pinch of kosher salt together until smooth.
- Use a cookie scoop to evenly distribute glaze amongst the cupcakes, using an offset icing spatula to smooth the glaze evenly across the cooled cupcakes.
- Once the cupcakes have been frosted, use a cheese grater or a vegetable peeler to create white chocolate shavings over the cupcakes — do this immediately after frosting the cupcakes, otherwise the glaze will set and the white chocolate shavings will bounce right off the cupcakes.
For the Chamomile Cupcake Base:
cup whole milk
tablespoons dried chamomile flowers (from teabags)
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
tablespoons unsalted butter, at room tempearature
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea