- Makes 2 dozen
An adaptation of an Almond Biscotti Recipe by Lela Rose (InStyle Magazine March 2013). The original recipe was a bit bland and the roasted rice flavor of the Matcha Tea powder adds a nutty, sweet and savory component that it was lacking. I have omitted the Almonds all together. The Biscotti are dipped in a white chocolate coating for sweetness.
Matcha tea has many health benefits as well as just tasting delicious.
Enjoy the different take on a traditional Biscotti —Tobi Ann Ewalt
U Matcha Roasted Rice Tea Powder
White chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine Sugar, Matcha Powder, flour and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl. Make sure all the dry ingredients are well mixed.
- Crack the eggs into the dry mixture and knead into a dough.
- Split the dough into 2 balls; place each ball on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press the dough, by hand (dusting your hands with flour will help with this part), into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle; repeat for second dough ball.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove the Biscotti from the oven and slice the dough into long 3/4 inch wide strips.
- Turn them on their sides and return to the oven for another 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler until creamy (The microwave will also work, but use a microwave safe bowl and stir the chocolate every 30 seconds so it does not burn.)
- Dip the ends or sides of the cooled biscotti into the white chocolate
- Allow the coated biscotti to cool and harden on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Enjoy with your morning tea or as a late afternoon pick me up.