If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is strongly influenced by an Ina Garten recipe for a yogurt cake, but it was made using all purpose flour. This cake is super moist but sturdy enough to eat with one hand and not overly sweet, just perfect with morning coffee or afternoon tea. My husband thinks it's like pound cake but better.
I baked it using my own homemade gluten free flour mix. I have successfully used this mix in place of regular flour for all of my cakes, cookies and quick breads. —Mrsanderson
Makes 8.5x5 loaf
French Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk honey Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, juiced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a standard (8 1/2x4 1/4") loaf pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Whisk 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, rub 3/4 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add 3/4 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 55 minutes. Cover cake loosely with foil after 30 minutes of baking time, to prevent over browning.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside. While the cake is still warm in the pan, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool completely (about 2 hours) on rack before removing from the pan.
Marisa's Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1/4 cups millet flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour/starch OR arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients thoroughly. Transfer the mix to an airtight container. Recipe can be doubled.
More Great Recipes: