If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the recipe that solidified my love for cooking. I could originally only afford a few drum sticks for my son and I accompanied by powdered mashed potatoes and canned green beans. Today I cook this butterflied, with roasted brussel sprouts and various (real) potato dishes. —Food_is_Hope
- 4-5 pounds Chicken, butterflied
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Thyme, dry
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
- Preheat Broiler. Place rack in center position
- Combine salt, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and black pepper into a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Gently lift skin around thigh and leg by poking your finger under the skin and creating a big pocket. Do this for the breasts as well.
- Liberally sprinkle and rub salt mixture in between skin and meat. Liberally rub mixture on outside of bird as well. Turn bird over and sprinkle salt mix on underside.(You may have some mixture left over at the end, that's okay)
- Rub olive oil all over bird and place skin side up on broiler pan. Place in the oven with door slightly cracked for 7 minutes. Flip bird, broil another 7 minutes. Flip bird back over, turn oven to 375 and bake (door closed now) for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Chicken should be golden brown, crispy skin, and ready to serve. Enjoy!