If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up at home, I had a few favorite meals. This was, and still is, my favorite. Simple and delicious. —kimbaddd
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (generous), or or jalapeno jack, or monterey jack, or a mix of your favorite cheeses
- vegetable oil for frying
- If you have a big enough work surface to lay out 12 corn tortillas, do it. If not, you can do one at a time. Divide the beans among the corn tortillas equally. (You may want to use more or less than specified above). Sprinkle equally with cheese, again, you can use more or less cheese if you wish. If you are adding additional ingredients, do these on top of the beans and cheese. Note that you will want to use less beans and cheese if you are adding any additional toppings suggested below.
- Heat oil in a saute pan until hot. Lay two corn tortillas, with the filled ingredients, into the hot oil. Let soften for about 30 seconds, then take a fork and gently fold over and press. Fry on the one side for about 1-2 minutes until crisp. Flip over and fry on the other side. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Additional suggested toppings: You can add chopped olives, minced jalapenos, minced green onions, chopped or shredded chicken. This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
More Great Recipes: