If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On my first visit to my late husband,'s home town, I fell in love with the Brunswick stew seved at his cousin's BBQ restaurant. Later, on a visit, his cousin Mamie gave me her home style recipe. It is the easiest way I know to feed a pretty large group with a minimum outlay and always garners compliments. —Latetotheparty
Chicken in pieces
water just to cover
handfuls half shredded green cabbage
one thin sliced russet potato
large can tomatoes
can baby lima beans
can corn kernels
can creamed corn
teaspoons bacon fat (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot just cover chicken and cook through then remove cool and shred
- add potato and simmer until cooked
- add cabbage and simmer
- put chicken back in
- Add can of tomato with liquied crushing the tomato
- Add beans and corn kernels along with seasoning
- Just before serving stir in creamed corn and serve with coleslaw and biscuits or hush puppies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast