Author Notes: lemony thyme roast chicken —Amanda Li
whole chicken, giblets removed
- Heat oven to 425F
- Put chicken in foil-lined roasting pan. Take out the gizzards (in a bag) and neck. Sprinkle some salt and pepper inside the cavity.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze one half into the cavity, the other half all over the chicken. Stuff the used halves into the cavity with thyme and garlic.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Put chicken on one side so it's resting on the thigh. Cook for 10 mins. After that, cook another 10 mins on the other thigh.
- Lower oven to 375F and put chicken breast breast side up for 50-60 mins.