If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: lemony thyme roast chicken —Amanda Li
whole chicken, giblets removed
- Heat oven to 425F
- Put chicken in foil-lined roasting pan. Take out the gizzards (in a bag) and neck. Sprinkle some salt and pepper inside the cavity.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze one half into the cavity, the other half all over the chicken. Stuff the used halves into the cavity with thyme and garlic.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Put chicken on one side so it's resting on the thigh. Cook for 10 mins. After that, cook another 10 mins on the other thigh.
- Lower oven to 375F and put chicken breast breast side up for 50-60 mins.