If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite disg that my husband makes. Super simple and delicious. I always ask for it on special occasions but it can be made anytime —jenbonoma
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 5-8 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 anchovy crushed or one large squeeze of paste
- 28 ounces can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces kalamata olives halved
- 1 bunch of basil chopped
- 1 pound linguini pasta cooked al dente
- 1 shot glass full of whiskey
- parmesan cheese
- Brown the sausage in a pan until it is cooked through. Once cooled, cut the sausage into small rounds. Remove from pan set aside. Sauté cloves of garlic and the anchovy in the same pan the sausage was cooked in. Add the crushed tomatoes, whiskey and olives and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sausage and simmer for 5 mins. Cook the sauce until it has thickened and serve it over the pasta. You can add cream to lighten the sauce. Serve in bowls and top with basil and parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty garlic bread
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast