If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to prepare this when I buy a package of split chicken breasts. Sometimes they can be found on sale super cheap. I boil the entire package of breasts including all bones. Then I remove the chicken and de-bone it, leaving me with lots of chicken for salads, sandwiches, pasta, etc, and I also have a whole pot of great stock to make chicken soup. So economical, delicious, nutritious and easy! This meal cost us a little under $5 for the two of us, and is super easy to make on an assembly line, even if you need to make it for 100. —Leah Volz Ramsey
- 2 pieces Pita Bread
- 10 ounces Cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 Small tomato
- 1 Small avocado
- 1/8 cup Red onion, sliced fine
- 2 tablespoons Crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Stalks celery, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pour buffalo wing sauce over the sliced chicken in a small dish and toss to coat (a ziploc bag works well for this), set aside to allow the chicken time to soak up the flavors of the sauce.
- Warm pita in a 350 degree oven for 2-3 minutes or so, just until it becomes pliable.
- Lay out the pita bread flat without opening it up, and put the avocado slices, tomato and onion onto one half of the bread.
- Mix the water, ranch dressing, blue cheese and chopped celery in a small dish to create a chunky sauce (add more ranch or water to get the consistency you like).
- Pull the chicken out of the sauce and layer onto the other side of the pita bread.
- Spoon some of the blue cheese onto the chicken.
- Fold sandwich together to resemble a taco. Secure with toothpicks if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast