If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Apples and cheese: perfect combination —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 4 small tartelettes
- 1 puff pastry
- 4 small apples
- 50 g walnuts and hazelnuts
- 2-3 splashes olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs thyme (leaves)
- 4 teaspoons grainy french mustard
- 1/2 brie
- Peel the apple and cut into dice. In a pan, heat some olive oil and cook the apple on medium heat for about 15 minutes. The apples should get “creamy." Remove from heat and add the nuts and thyme leaves
- Preheat oven on 350F
- Cut the brie into slices
- Roll out the puff pastry and make four rounds. Spread the rounds into four individuals pie pans. Prick the bottom with a fork, spread one teaspoon of mustard on each tartlet then add the apples and nuts mixture
- Cover with slices of brie (If you have some pastry left you can decorate the top with strips of puff pastry). Add a a sprinkle of olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bake for about 25 minutes. You may have to cover the pies with aluminum foil if the tartlets start getting too brown.
- Serve with a side salad