If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe, at it's beginning, was white chicken chili. I have since become plant based and have changed it to suit my diet now. So, things can be tweaked to make it carnivorous if you like. Either way, it's made on the cheap and it is fantastic eats! —Jules72
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 can northern beans, drained
- 1 can navy beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 16 ounces fresh mild salsa
- 1/4 cup jalepenos, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pint fresh mushrooms, white button or baby bella, medium chop
- 1/2 cup chipotle style salsa or 2 chilis in adobo, chopped
- In a large stock pot, saute onion and garlic in a little oil until translucent. Add the rest of ingredients and let simmer for about 25 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Depending how "soupy or stewy" you want it, add more stock. You can also up the nutrtion ante by adding in some chopped kale in the last 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, lime and avacado..That's all it is, folks. Enjoy!