- Makes 1 cake
As a Belgian who lived in Germany, it is impossible for me not to love almond past/marzipan.It's just delicious —MarieGlobetrotter
2 2/5 cups
2 tbsp cold butter
In This Recipe
- Combine flour, salt, butter and egg yolk in a bowl and form a bowl. Set in the fridge for at 30 minutes.
- Grease a springform pan.
- Dice the dried apples and dates. Add pistachio, dates and apples to the apple juice until the fruits have absorbed all the juice.
- Divide the dough in two, roll out one half and spread out nicely in the Springform pan. Make sure to really pull up the borders. Prick the bottom of the dough with the tip of a fork.
- Preheat the oven on 350F
- Spread out the diced apple over the dough than add the dried fruits. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and sugar.
- Crumble the second half of the dough on top of apples. Crumble the almond paste and spread over the cake as well
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. When it fully cooled down, remove the Springform.