If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had heard about putting a frozen banana in a food processor to make it turn into ice cream so I decided to do some experimenting. Once I came up with the perfect recipe, I knew this was the only way I would ever eat bananas ever again :o
This recipe is guilt-free gelato. What more could you ask from the universe? Even if your not a fan of bananas, I'd give it a go because if you add the cocoa powder and maybe a few toppings, it doesn't have an overpowering banana flavor.
I call it 'gelato' because it has more of a gelato consistency than ice cream, but pop it in the freezer for a bit if it gets too runny... and if you can resist ;) —Sibilla
- 1 Frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened cocoa powder (if you want chocolate gelato)
- dashes Milk (or any milk substitute. I use soy.)
- Honey, agave, sugar, dates (yes, dates), or any other sweetener can be added if you want it on the sweeter side
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- Make sure to have everything prepped before you take out your frozen banana because it will get runny if left out for too long.
- Process all ingredients, other than your toppings, in a food processor until smooth.
- Add toppings of your choice. Some suggestions: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, granola, dried fruit.