If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: 1 pizza
Basic Pizza Dough
tablespoons Dijon Mustard
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 1/2cm thick)
Fennel Bulb, sliced about 1cm thick
cups Gorgonzola Cheese
Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Roll out your pizza dough.
- Whisk together the mustard and olive oil. Brush the blend over the pizza dough, leaving about a 1" ring for the crust.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the fennel and sauté for 2-3 minutes. You don't want to completely soften the fennel as it will cook as it bakes on the pizza.
- Distribute the apple slices and fennel around the pizza, layering them as needed. Crumble the gorgonzola on top, and bake in the oven for 12-15minutes, or until the crust is done and the cheese is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cracked pepper, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel