Makes: 1 pizza
Basic Pizza Dough
tablespoons Dijon Mustard
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 1/2cm thick)
Fennel Bulb, sliced about 1cm thick
cups Gorgonzola Cheese
Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Roll out your pizza dough.
- Whisk together the mustard and olive oil. Brush the blend over the pizza dough, leaving about a 1" ring for the crust.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the fennel and sauté for 2-3 minutes. You don't want to completely soften the fennel as it will cook as it bakes on the pizza.
- Distribute the apple slices and fennel around the pizza, layering them as needed. Crumble the gorgonzola on top, and bake in the oven for 12-15minutes, or until the crust is done and the cheese is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cracked pepper, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel