If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my family, wedding showers, baby showers and bridal luncheons always christened with a familiar beverage (or punch as we call it.) Really, the "punch" is as easy as adding 1 tablespoon of almond extract to a liter of Sprite. The flavors compliment each other so well and it will leave your guests wondering what the ingredients are! Shhh... it will be our little secret!
To add my twist on the classic "punch" , I chose to make a festive granita out of the Sprite and almond mixture. It is the perfect, light frozen dessert to serve at a Spring event. Expect to give out the recipe when serving this granita! —amber wilson | for the love of the south
- 1 liter of Sprite (or your favorite lemon-lime beverage)
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Open the liter of Sprite and add the tablespoon of almond extract. Place the cap back on the bottle and let the extract sit in the Sprite for an hour.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish (you may need to use 2 dishes), cover and let sit in the freezer for an hour.
- After an hour, take a fork and scrape the ice crystals. Place back into the freezer and scrape the ice every 30 minutes until the granita is fluffy and light. Serve in champagne glasses and enjoy!