Author Notes: Crispy apple rings to enjoy as a snack —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes: 4-5 apples
milliliters Apple juice
milliliters white wine (optional)
tablespoons brown sugar
cup bread crumbs
cup pumpkin seeds or pistachios
In This Recipe
- Peel the apple, remove pits, and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Heat apple juice, wine, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan. Add apples and cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat. Remove the apples and let them dry
- Using an electric mixer, ground the pumpkin seeds or pistachios. Mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg or eggs in a bowl (depends on the size)
- Cover apple with flour first, then dip in the egg and finally coat with breadcrumb-pumpkin seeds/pistachio mixture.
- Heat some butter in a pan and fry the apple rings. Once they are cook let them dry on kitchen paper.Enjoy!