If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunch and spice in one bite. The flavors of fennel, beets and oranges are sprinkled with sumac giving the salad a sharp zing!!! —nykavi
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 2 Beets
- 2 Oranges
- 2 cups Spring Mix Lettuce
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon finely diced Fennel Fronds,
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sumac for garnish
- Fennel fronds for garnish
- Trim fennel, remove outer layer and cut in half.
- Slice fennel very thinly either with a knife or mandoline
- The beets could be roasted or boiled. Both taste just as good in the salad. Cut then into chunks
- Peel and cut oranges into segments. If you choose to remove the membrane , go ahead. I like it one way or the other.
- Whisk fennel fronds, oilive oil, sumac, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Start plating with the spring mix. Top with fennel strips, beets, orange segments and fennel fronds.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle sumac powder over salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
More Great Recipes: