If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: sheep & cow's milk cultured butter. cultured butter is a blessing, it's a real butter full of grassy undertones and delicious sweet cream. it's something you will smile at and enjoy without guilt. —eyeoftheavocado
pint raw cream
tablespoons good quality sheep's yogurt
- to make the butter you simply add the cream to a good size bowl with high walls, whisk it a bit.
- secondly, add the yogurt to the cream w/ the salt and again whisk a bit. let sit in a warm area for 8 hours or over night to culture.
- post culturing, put the ingredients in a mixer fitted w/ a paddle. once you have a lump of butter in a pool of buttermilk. shift the lump in a colander. save the buttermilk!
- flatten the butter lump and chill for 30 min.
- knead it under water in a bowl, removing the trapped pockets of buttermilk in the butter. it will sour the butter. let it dry out a bit. put it in a butter keeper or wrap it in parchment and refrigerate.
- voila! you have the uttermost delicious butter & buttermilk ready for countless adventures, you will never want to go back to store bought.