fennel lavender simple syrup
cup wild lavender (washed, dried & picked)
cup fine sugar
cup filtered water
cup chopped fennel frond or bulb or both, finely chopped
dashes sea salt
lavender fennel chase manhattan
ounces favorite gin
ounce lavender fennel simple syrup
ounce fresh squeezed orange juice
In This Recipe
- using wild lavender before it blooms the easiest way to extract the oils, simply use a mortar & pestle to crush it until you can clearly smell the lavender. to make simple syrup, simply throw lavender and fennel in a small saucepan over medium w/ sugar and stir until fragrant. add water and warm until it dissolves, it might turn a syrupy brown, no worries. let come to room temperature and strain.
- while lavender/fennel simple syrup is coming to room temperature squeeze the oranges, each orange squeezed yields about 2 ounces. if you want several drinks, squeeze several oranges.
- into your shaker add your ice, your gin, lavender simple syrup, and oj. shake it for a good 30 seconds and then strain into your favorite cocktail glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel