Serves: 4 people
cup icing sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
tablespoons tbsp almond paste or thick almond butter
handful Sliced almonds
- Peel the pears and scoop out the centre without cutting the pears. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Set aside
- For the syrup, bring water and icing sugar to a boil. Add the vanilla extract and reduce heat to medium. Poach the pears for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until tender. Remove the pears and let them dry on paper towel.
- Preheat oven on 400F
- Fill the inside of the pears with about 1 tbsp almond paste or almond butter
- Place the pears in an oven dish and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool and sprinkle with sliced almonds.