If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a melt in the mouth, creamy strawberry cream pie. Suitable for any occasion but especially afternoon tea. I used a tin of coconut cream which is gorgeous and organic. I got my cream from Celebes http://www.coconutty.co.uk/coconut-cream-p-128.html —kirsty wright
- 1 cup raw oat flour
- 1 cup raw dehydrated almond pulp flour
- 1/2 cup cashew flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons strawberry powder (dehydrated)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
Strawberry Cream Topping
- 1 cup young coconut flesh (from a green or thai coconut) or tin of celebs coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut butter melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 punnet of thoroughly washed organic fresh strawberries
- 1 cup Vegeset prepared as instructed.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup raw coconut flour
- First line a 9 inch flan tin with non pvc plastic wrap. Then in a food processor blend all the biscuit base ingredients. To make the flours you need a dehydrator. I use oat groats soaked overnight and then dehydrated till dry and then milled, same process with the almond pulp flour. You can make almond pulp flour with what is left over from making almond milk. Once the mix has been nicely blended, transfer the crumbly mix into the tin and flatten with either your hands or a spoon. Put in freezer to set while you start on the topping. If you are gluten free, omit the oat flour and use more almond flour instead.
- In a Vitamix blend all the ingredients except for the coconut flour until really smooth and creamy, once blended add the coconut flour and use the prodder to mix well, the texture should resemble a light fluffy mix. Take the tin out of freezer and add the topping. You can use celebs coconut cream which though tinned is very good quality, I used about half a tin. Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes and then in the meantime slice more Strawberries to decorate as you wish, you can also use rasberries or mixed berries. To glaze with a vegetarian Jelly make up the Vegeset as instructed, it is carrageen based and sets as a jelly. Take the cake out of the fridge and decorate with the fruits then add the jelly once it has cooled enough for your small finger to feel slightly warm but not boiling. The trick is to work fairly quickly at the final stage before the jelly sets too much so don't go on the phone at this point.