If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy summer recipe inspired by the tasty chicken kabobs freshly grilled at the farmer's market in San Luis Obispo, CA. —gabsimonelouise
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 cup your favorite teriyaki sauce (Trader Joe's Soyaki is my choice)
- 1/2 of a fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into large chunks
- 2 large carrots, cut into thick rounds
- 1 sweet yellow onion, quartered, layers deconstructed
- Trim the fat off the chicken thighs and cut into thick slices, about 2" x 2". Put them in a bowl with the teriyaki sauce, stir to coat the chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Get your gas or charcoal grill ready! Layer the chicken, pineapple, carrots, and onion onto 4 skewers (see photos for example) and place on the grill over medium-high heat. Cook until the chicken looks slightly burned on the edges, 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to cook too long, the chicken should be tender and juicy, not dry. Have some rice on the side and extra teriyaki sauce on hand if you'd like!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish