A few weeks ago my friend invited me over to make a flourless chocolate cake featured on dashrecipes.com. When we first made it I was a little skeptical of the crater shaped, dark brown mass in front of me. We dished up the hot cake and served it with vanilla bean ice cream. Let me tell you, it was to die for (I tried to make that in italics, and it just wouldn't work, but it needs a lot of emphasis.) I could barely down a small slice, as it is very dense. It was so good that I made it for Easter with some slight modifications. So here's the recipe for all you chocoholics! Dig in. —Kady
- Serves eight hungry chocoholics
semi-sweet chocolate chips
good vanilla ice cream (recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Remove from heat when completely melted
- Mix egg yolks with half of the sugar, then stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, then add the rest of the sugar. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool a few minutes before topping with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut. Enjoy!