If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunchy Granola adds welcome crunchiness to these fluffy pancakes filled with juicy blueberries. These beauties are perfect for weekend breakfasts, but we often serve them with a side of turkey sausage as "breakfast for dinner" at our house. This recipe is my own version of a popular dish served at a local breakfast chain, J. Christopher's. —Chris Bergman
cup all purpose flour
cup whole wheat flour
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup melted butter or magarine
pint fresh blueberries
cups granola (one with dried fruit)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add buttermilk and melted butter to dry ingredients.
- Allow batter to rest for at 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat griddle or large skillet on medium heat.
- Scooping up 1/8 of the batter for each pancake, add 2 or 3 pancakes at a time to the griddle or skillet.
- Top each pancake with 1/8 of the blueberries.
- When pancake begin to form bubbles that just start to pop around the edges, sprinkle a handful of the granola over top each pancake.
- Flip each pancake and cook until bottoms are golden brown (carefully lift up an edge of a pancake to check).
- DO NOT press down on pancakes with your spatula, as it will force out all the air bubbles and make pancakes flat and dense.
- Keep finished pancakes on a warmed plate while you cook remaining pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with the topping of your choice: maple syrup, blueberry syrup, blueberry compote, or whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
More Great Recipes: