If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Four ingredients: bread, ricotta, honey and salt - the essence of simplicity.
I tend to prefer white truffle honey because it has more flavor than honey infused with black truffles. Favorite brands include Gourmet Attitude and Da Rosario. As for the smoked salts, I use the extraordinarily potent smoked alder wood salt from The Filling Station. Although the company is based in NYC, they do ship anywhere in the US.
You can also find truffle honey and smoked salts in gourmet and specialty food stores. —Viviane Bauquet Farre
Makes 16 crostini
- 16 baguette slices, cut on the diagonal, 1/4" thick
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/4 cup white truffle honey
- fine alder-smoked salts to taste
- 1 jellyroll pan
- Place the bread slices on the jellyroll pan and toast under the broiler on each side until golden-brown.
- Top each bread slice with 1 1/2 tablespoons of ricotta. Place the crostini on a serving platter. Drizzle each slice with a little truffle honey (about 3/4 teaspoon). Generously sprinkle the crostini with smoked salts and serve immediately, while the bread slices are still warm.