If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from The Realistic Housewife's Ultimate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. I swapped bought peanut butter for home-made pistachio nut butter, as I'm kind of hooked on these little green kernels of deliciousness and making my own butter meant that I could get exactly the taste that I wanted. Next, I substituted almond flour and got rid of the wheatgerm in order to make it wheat-free, which makes my tummy happy. Finally, I upped the sugar to give even more of the salty-sweet yumminess that I look for in my cookies, et voilà - deliciously chewy, pistachio nut-buttery, almond, oatmeal and sea salt cookies! Word to the wise: it's almost impossible to eat just one ...
Note: if you don't have vanilla sugar, use caster sugar and vanilla extract instead. —QuasiSiciliana
Makes 60-65 cookies
Pistachio nut butter
- 100g raw, shelled pistachios
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 115g salted butter
- 120g pistachio nut butter
- 145g dark brown soft sugar
- 210g vanilla caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 150g rolled oats
- 15g creamed coconut
- 65g chopped pistachios
- Whizz the pistachios in a food processor until they have gone past the flour stage, released their oil and started to form clumps.
- Add the sugar and salt half a teaspoon at a time until you have a taste that you want.
- Add the olive oil and whizz until the nuts come together to form a smooth green paste.
- In a food mixer, cream the butter, nut butter and sugars together.
- Add the honey (and vanilla extract, if using) and beat in.
- Beat in the whole egg, then the egg yolk.
- Add the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and salt and beat in.
- Add the oats and mix until combined.
- Grate in the coconut.
- Add the chopped pistachios and mix gently to combine.
- Take teaspoons of cookie dough and roll them into balls between your hands. Place them at 1.5" intervals on parchment-covered baking trays and flatten the tops slightly.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sea salt and bake in a preheated 175C oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the baking tray to harden up a little, then move to wire racks to finish cooling.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal