If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came from a friend of the family and we have used it for so many occasions -- most notably a few meet the "machatunim" for my brothers. This is also a great recipe to have frozen and ready to pop in the oven when needed. —Stephanie__
Serves: a bunch
cups all purpose flour
tablespoon baking powder
sticks of room temperature butter
cup plus 2 tbs of granulated sugar
cup buttermilk (can use plain yogurt)
cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix flour and baking powder in bowl.
- In the large bowl of a electric mixer, beat butter on high until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat for 3-5 minites until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each.
- Scrape sides of bowl, reduce speed to low and flour mixture. Mix only until blended.
- Add buttermilk. Mix only until blended.
- Remove from machine and sprinkle chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop 1/3 cupful of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet placing mounds two inches apart.
- Loosely cover dough with plastic wrap and refigerate about 45 minutes (of freeze and when hard, remove scones to a plastic bag and freeze for up to 6 weeks).
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Then turn heat down to 325 and bake another 13 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!