Author Notes: Rice Krispie treats are given a sticky-sweet, fruity update with the addition of pear and apple spread, golden syrup and hazelnuts. Definitely not just for kids —QuasiSiciliana
tablespoons golden syrup
1 1/2 heaped
tablespoons pear and apple spread (sirop de liege)
dried apple rings
- Melt the butter and syrup over a low heat.
- Add the pear and apple spread and stir until combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the dry ingredients.
- Press firmly into an oiled brownie pan, flattening the top with the back of a spatula. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal